Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DRUGS are BAD emmmmmmmkkkkkk

Would the association between drugs and crime disappear if drugs were either legalized or decriminalized?


I believe not, people are always going to abuse substances legal or not. The government would benefit from being able to tax the drugs but there would still be crime. The crime would just mostly be in the form of stealing to get money for the “legal” drugs. Also the misdemeanor population in prisons would decrease but the felonies may increase. I may get some flak for my opinion but we have to stick to our guns on the position of drugs, I realize what we are doing now is not working and hasn’t been working but drugs are bad the alter a person’s ability to drive, think and be productive. We cannot take the position that that is acceptable because it simply is not. I am personally surprised the government has not already made some drugs legal to benefit from the ability to tax them. I just don’t think that is a good message to send our children, I experimented a bit but luckily I didn’tt destroy my life. Drugs defiantly have the potential to ruin lives and people are going to do them on some level legal or not

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete